Drift is a cafe founded on the principle of stripping back the unnecessary. We serve simple, fresh, holistic foods and beverages while offering an interactive experience. As a team, we are united by this everyday. We appreciate coffee, love serving good food, offer a engaging atmosphere, cleanup after ourselves and open our arms to anyone who comes through the door.
About the job:
In your position as shift lead, you are to coordinate the team and their efforts and follow the systems and behaviors set out to accomplish the goal of serving the guest. It also requires preparing and serving food, coffee drinks, working on register, cleaning, decision making and more. Shift Supervisors are the daily team leads in the shop. Their leadership and thoughtful customer engagement is essential to our hospitality driven culture.
This is a full time position based in Wilmington, NC and this role will report to the Store Manager.
- Deliver impeccable hospitality to our guests and your fellow teammates
- Provide a memorable customer experience through friendly service and consistently-delicious beverages
- Coordinate team members in daily tasks
- Be knowledgeable of all menu items
- Help with new crew training by reinforcing good performance and giving respectful and positive coaching as needed
- Follow recipe guidelines and sanitation procedures
- Communicate with Store Manager and Assistant Manager to keep the cafe running smooth and efficiently
- Hospitality driven
- Motivated to put others before yourself
- Comfortable with following directions and problem-solving when needed
- Diligent, humble, and open-minded
- Reliable and consistent where teammates and managers can always depend on you to be punctual and dedicated.
- 2 Years of prior work experience
- Means of transportation
Hours, Pay & Benefits:
- Full time
- Paid Time Off
- Free coffee drinks during shift
- Discounted food items and merchandise
- Development opportunities
- $12.5-$14.5/hr defined as base wage plus tips
- Gain in-depth hospitality and food service knowledge
If you want to be a part of something that is fresh, exciting and challenging, please apply and join us!