Drift is a cafe founded on the principle of stripping back the unnecessary. We serve simple, fresh, holistic foods and beverages while offering an interactive experience. As a team, we are united by this everyday. We appreciate coffee, love serving good food, offer an engaging atmosphere, cleanup after ourselves and open our arms to anyone who comes through the door. Our crew wants to make each and every visit heartfelt and pleasurable.
About the job:
Baristas handle multiple roles in the shop. You are responsible for making espresso drinks, holding down the register or even doubling as a server. The position requires being flexible, knowledgeable. The barista makes quality drinks at high volumes while creating and maintaining a clean, functional workspace.
This is a part time or full time position based in Wilmington, NC and this role will report to the store Manager. Must be available for employment year around. Potential to rise to shift lead and/or management.
- Deliver impeccable hospitality to our guests and your fellow teammates
- Provide a memorable customer experience through friendly service and consistently-delicious beverages
- Operate the cash register in a friendly and accurate manner
- Be knowledgeable of all menu items
- Assist in food prep as needed
- Follow recipe guidelines and sanitation procedures
- Support your team in keeping the cafe running smoothly and beautifully. These tasks may vary but can include washing dishes, sweeping, mopping, cleaning and organizing condiment station, and taking out trash
- Hospitality driven
- Motivated to put others before yourself
- Comfortable with following directions and problem-solving when needed
- Diligent, humble, and open-minded
- Reliable and consistent where teammates and managers can always depend on you to be punctual and dedicated.
- 2 years of barista experience
- 1 year of food service experience
- Means of transportation
Hours, Pay & Benefits:
- Part time or full time
- $13 – $18 per hour (rate defined as base wage plus tips)
- Free coffee drinks during shift
- Discounted food items and merchandise
- Development opportunities
- Gain in-depth hospitality and retail knowledge
- Health Insurance
If you want to be a part of something that is fresh, exciting and challenging, please apply and join us.