General Manager APPLY NOW
Drift is a collection of independent cafes serving fresh, holistic foods and beverages while offering an interactive experience to each and every guest. The experience drives connections between people. As a team, we are united by this everyday. Founded in 2014, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on each guest through delicious coffee and made-to-order food
If you love running a balanced business, growing a team and creating an excellent guest experience, come work at Drift. We’re looking for enthusiastic and ambitious individuals to lead one of our Wilmington locations.
What you will do:
Our Manager is responsible for positioning the cafe and upholding its reputation as leader in delivering a holistic offering. The Manager will plan and direct all restaurant operations while maintaining high standards of coffee/food, service, health/safety and cafe atmosphere.
- Maintain successful store operations on every level and adjust to business demands
- Develop a team by identifying talent, building skill set through training and growing future company leaders
- Create systems that drive successful store and team performance
- Performance of necessary administrative tasks including scheduling, payroll, inventory management
- Build meaningful relationships with your team and customers, rooted in authenticity — living out and coaching Drift values and Behaviors
- Empower your team to create meaningful connections with each other and the guest every day
- Inspire your team, owning your business, and foster strong customer service experiences across all touch points
- Solve problems around fresh food, premium coffee, and customer experience
- Jump in with your team and work shifts as necessary to understand stay at the heart of your business
- 5+ years experience in restaurant management
- Experience in fast casual restaurant chains (preferred)
- Managed and developed 10+ team members per shift
- Experience in P&L, COGS, Developing Budgets, Financial Planning and Strategy, Decision Making, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Labor/Scheduling, Training & Team Development, Quality Focus
- Experience in Food Safety + Planning
- Manager’s Food Safety Certification required (ServSafe Manager’s Certification)
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage + labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff
Drift Pay & Benefits:
- A passionate, fun, and positive work environment, with a welcoming and supportive team
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on sales, labor + food costs
- Health Insurance - Coming soon!
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Valued training and education programs
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to exciting coffee & food
- Complimentary coffee/meals
We are an organization of people that values human interaction. If you want to be a part of something that is fresh, exciting and challenging, please apply and join us.