Drift is a cafe founded on the principle of stripping back the unnecessary. We serve simple, fresh, holistic foods and beverages while offering an interactive experience. As a team, we are united by this everyday. We appreciate coffee, love serving good food, offer an engaging atmosphere, cleanup after ourselves and open our arms to anyone who comes through the door. Our crew wants to make each and every visit something to remember.
About the job:
The Lead Coffee Trainer will be responsible for building and maintaining our coffee and beverage program. They are a positive influence through training and education for other baristas and strive for the highest of standards in drinks, guest interactions, attitude and brand ambassadorship. The Lead Coffee Trainer is constantly sharpening their knowledge on coffee and the tools used to make great tasting drinks. They will create systems that help baristas perform to the best of their ability. This is a role for someone who has already demonstrated a high level of skill and performance in coffee and hospitality and wants to lead others to do the same.
This is a full time position based in Wilmington, NC and this role will report to our Food and Beverage Manager. Must be available for weekends.
- Deliver impeccable hospitality to our guests and your fellow crew members
- Train, develop and up-skill baristas company-wide
- Create systems to ensure the highest level of flavor and service are achieved
- Manage coffee equipment including dialing in of grinders, calibrating espresso machine and brewing equipment through strong technical understanding of extraction and brew variables
- Be knowledgeable of coffee beverages and coffee retail items
- Focus on team workflow, constantly improving cafe environments to provide the highest levels of hospitality and efficiency
- Follow and develop Drift recipe guidelines, training protocols and sanitation procedures
- Conduct ongoing assessments to ensure baristas are skilled and knowledgable
- Oversee and/or conduct maintenance and preventative measures on coffee equipment
- Someone who shares knowledge and passion with others
- A role model for others who is an example of our coffee, food quality and hospitality standards in how you approach preparation and serving our guests
- Comfortable in a high stress & fast paced work environment
- Great at training, mentoring and correcting crew members
- Organized and professional
- Excited to grow as a leader at Drift, more broadly by learning and developing yourself in coffee, cafe operations, and people development and management
- 3 years of specialty coffee experience
- Proven experience creating standard operating procedures (SOP's)
- Strong technical barista skills in all areas of drink preparation (i.e., brewing, espresso, milk)
- Previous management/leadership roles preferred
- Existing ServSafe Certification within 60 days post-hire
Hours, Pay & Benefits:
- Full time
- Free coffee drinks during shift
- Discounted food items and merchandise
- Development opportunities
- Fun, progressive culture
- Travel Required
Please provide in your application an example of systems and processes you have developed around coffee.
If you want to be a part of something that is fresh, exciting and challenging, apply and join us.