Drift is a cafe founded on the principle of stripping back the unnecessary. We serve simple, fresh, holistic foods and beverages while offering an interactive experience. As a team, we are united by this everyday. We appreciate coffee, love serving good food, offer an engaging atmosphere, cleanup after ourselves and open our arms to anyone who comes through the door. Our crew wants to make each and every visit something to remember.
About the job:
Head Baristas are responsible for upholding the quality of coffee and hospitality program within their store. They are a positive influence through training and education for other baristas and strive for the highest of standards in drinks, guest interactions, attitude and brand ambassadorship. The Head Barista is constantly sharpening their knowledge on coffee and the tools used to make great tasting drinks. This is a role for someone who has already demonstrated a high level of skill and performance in coffee, food and hospitality and wants to lead others to do the same.
This is a full time position based in Wilmington, NC and this role will report to the store Manager. Must be available for weekends.
- Deliver impeccable hospitality to our guests and your fellow teammates
- Train, develop and up-skill baristas within your store and the Drift ecosystem
- Manage coffee equipment including dialing in of grinders, calibrating espresso machine and brewing equipment through strong technical understanding of extraction and brew variables
- Be knowledgeable of coffee beverages, coffee retail items and cafe menu items
- Focus on team workflow, constantly improving to provide the highest levels of hospitality and efficiency
- Follow Drift recipe guidelines, training protocols and sanitation procedures
- Support your team in keeping the cafe running smoothly and beautifully
- Someone who shares knowledge and passion with others
- A role model for others who is an example of our coffee, food quality and hospitality standards in how you approach preparation and serving our guests
- Comfortable in a high stress & fast paced work environment
- Great at training, mentoring and correcting crew members
- Excited to grow as a leader in your cafe and at Drift, more broadly by learning and developing yourself in coffee, food, cafe operations, and people development and management
- 18 years or older
- 2 years of specialty coffee experience
- 1 year of food service experience
- Strong technical barista skills in all areas of drink preparation (i.e., brewing, espresso, milk)
- Previous management/leadership roles preferred
- Existing ServSafe Certification within 60 days post-hire
Hours, Pay & Benefits:
- Full time
- $13 – $16 per hour including tips
- Free coffee drinks during shift
- Discounted food items and merchandise
- Development opportunities
- Gain in-depth hospitality and retail knowledge
If you want to be a part of something that is fresh, exciting and challenging, apply and join us.