Drift is a cafe founded on the principle of stripping back the unnecessary. We serve simple, fresh, holistic foods and beverages while offering an interactive experience. As a team, we are united by this everyday. We appreciate coffee, love serving good food, offer a stimulating atmosphere, cleanup after ourselves and open our arms to anyone who comes through the door. Our crew wants to make each and every visit heartfelt and pleasurable.
About the job:
You will be the essential back end component to the guest’s experience by delivering a satisfying meal. At Drift our mission is to provide simple, fresh and holistic food. That vision will be carried out through your actions.
Our menu provides guest with food that is beneficial for our bodies. We believe that when you put the right food into your body, you feel more energetic, able, and happy. Simply put, when you are happy you want to extend a helping hand to others and make them feel the same way. Implementing the Behaviors while following your responsibilities will complete the guests experience, and bring to fruition all the effort put in by your fellow crew members.
This is a full time position based in Wilmington, NC and this role will report to our Head Chef.
- Deliver on all aspects of our food service program – portioning, prepping and cooking
- Follow presentation guidelines
- Efficiently delivering product in high traffic setting
- Embrace Drift’s hospitality vision
- Exhibit a clean working space and personal presentation
- Communicate well with other members of the team and guest
- Put the guest first
- Embrace strong focus on the guest. Be on the guests side by understanding what they want and how to best deliver the experience.
- Work well with others
- Listen and communicate well with others within and outside of Drift. Create a team environment that is positive and productive.
- Lead people courageously
- Take personal responsibility to do the right thing and persist in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapt quickly to change and make timely, thoughtful decisions.
- Develop continuously
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve self and others. Lead with trust, honesty and commitment to hire, coach and develop crew to achieve their potential.
- Achieve results
- Understand what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Demonstrate knowledge of core products and processes to get results. Anticipate obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.
- 1+ Year of commercial cooking experience
- Strong desire to create nutritious, beautifully presented dishes
- Means of transportation
- Comfort using computer programs, especially Google Drive tools (Sheets, Docs)
- Respect for delicious coffee, food and amazing guest experiences
- A hospitality focus
Hours, Pay & Benefits:
- Full Time
- Hourly plus tips
- Free coffee drinks during shift
- Discounted food items and merchandise
- Paid Time Off
- Potential to grow with the company
If you have work experience this is a bonus, but, if you’ve got the right attitude, then we’ll take this over experience any day. We are a creative lifestyle brand that has it’s sights set on controlled growth. If you want to be a part of something that is fresh, exciting and challenging, please apply and join us.
Have questions? Feel free to email us at [email protected]